Saturday, October 8, 2011

Masterpiece

For we are God’s masterpiece.
He has created us anew in Christ Jesus,
so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Eph 2:10 (NLT)
 
Our lone saguaro is probably more than 100 years old.  As you can see the original trunk has broken off and new arms have sprouted.  It takes 75 years for even one arm to sprout so we know this saguaro has seen many seasons and continued to grow through much adversity - a reminder to us of God’s continued work in our own lives.  We are his masterpiece.  He continues to work through every season of our lives even times of brokenness.  

He has promised an abundant and full life.  If we feel stuck, isolated, discontent it is time to reaffirm our trust in his promises, to examine ourselves and our priorities and rest again in him who has the power to fulfill all of his desire for us.  As we rest in him, daily, wholeheartedly fulfilling what our hands find to do, he will continue to work on his masterpiece. 

God, I wait on you to reveal all that you want me to do.   I seek to know your will and to do the good works you planned for me long ago.  Remove every impediment that would keep me from knowing and doing your will.  Let me be content day by day, allowing your spirit of love to show through me toward everyone I come in contact with.  Let me do the work that is before me with enthusiasm.  Expand my tent to include more people, more friends, more family, more service to those in need.  Let me expend my energies in all that you desire.  Then, I know I will experience the abundant and fulfilling life that you have for me.  Use my discontent to spur me on to be all you want me to be.  I know it is by your power and your spirit alone that this can be accomplished.

Work willingly at whatever you do,
as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
Col 3:22 (NLT)

 The Lord will work out his plans for my life—
for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.
Psalms 138.8 (NLT)

May he equip you with all you need for doing his will.
May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ,
every good thing that is pleasing to him.
Heb 13.21 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment