Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fluctuations

Verde River Valley , Cave Creek, AZ

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
 Psalms 139:7

As weak human beings we are subject to all kinds of moods - up moods, down moods, happy or sad, high or low.  It's all part of the ebb and flow of life.  The important thing we learn as we mature is that our moods don't define reality.  We needn't be controlled by them.  They are only passing reflections of fragile, transitory, frail human nature.

God understands how we are made.  He knows we are subject to these fluctuations and does not condemn us for them.  He is the steady hand under us no matter how we feel.  He does not fluctuate, his love is steady and can be counted on always. He is a firm foundation, as steady as the rock of Gibraltar.  As we continue to declare our trust in him, we know he will bring us through to the other side of the valley and we will be lifted up again. 

Don't camp in the valley, look to the hills.

I lift up my eyes to the hills--
where does my help come from?
 My help comes from the Lord
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment