Friday, October 28, 2011

Jewels

I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit
or a bride with her jewels.
Isaiah 61:10 (NLT)

Then God will rejoice over you as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride. Isaiah 62:5 (NLT)

When my eye beholds a beautiful, sparking diamond ring adorning someone’s finger I think,  “How precious this one is to someone.”  Jewels are very small things but very valuable, full of special meaning. They are our carefully guarded treasured possessions.

We are Jesus prized possessions, his treasured jewels.  He was willing to sacrifice and pay a high price for us to make us his own. Jesus is very proud of us and so happy to have us as his family.  He rejoices over us.  We are his glory.  All that he has is ours.  He wants to share all of his possessions with us.  He wants us to be with him where he is and to see all of his glory.  All this he wants to bestow on us because we are his prized possessions.

All who are mine belong to you, 
and you have given them to me, so they bring me glory.
John 17:10 (NLT)
 
Father, I want those you have given me
to be with me where I am, 
and to see my glory, 
the glory you have given me
because you loved me before the creation of the world.
John 17:24 (NIV)




No comments:

Post a Comment