Friday, September 16, 2011

Nothing


For apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15:5 (NLT)

Nothing!  Really!  I can't do anything without him!  Well, actually, I can do something but it won't bring good.  I can try to have my own way; to fight for what I want.  But the results won't be good and what ever I gain I will lose in the end.  (James 4:1-3)

All good things are accomplished by the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.  That's why prayer is an essential part of daily life.  Prayer is a way of saying, "Yes, Lord, I recognize that I can do nothing good without you.  I need your power and strength every moment to accomplish good things in the right way."

Lord, help us to realize that if we try to gain the things we want by our own methods and means we will lose.  But, if we humbly ask for your help each day, acknowledging we can do nothing good apart from you, we will gain your strength and accomplish much.
 
 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13 (ISV)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment