Friday, September 2, 2011

Make Me A Blessing


I will make you into a great nation. 
I will bless you and make you famous, 
and you will be a blessing to others.
Gen 12:2 (NLT)

We have been so blessed by God.  He blesses us to make us a blessing.  I pray every day that God would give me an opportunity to be a blessing to someone, to do some good, to give a smile, a listening ear, time, to look away from myself and look to the needs of another.  Realizing I am well cared for, I can care for another.

Self-centeredness and self-absorption robs us of the blessing of being a blessing.

Lord, help us to slow down and make us aware of opportunities around us to be a blessing so that we might share with the world some of the great love and grace that you have poured out on us.

I am blessed : I can bless : So this is happiness…I could share the grace, multiply the joy, extend the table of the feast, enlarge the paradise of His presence. I am blessed. I can bless.” 
~ excerpted from One Thousand Gifts http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=holyexper-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=0310321913by Ann Voskamp on www.aholyexperience.com
8/30/11

No comments:

Post a Comment