Saturday, July 23, 2011

Seated With Christ

Karen & Simon's Garden, Nelson, B.C.
 
And God raised us up with Christ 
and seated us with him in the heavenly realms
in Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:6 (NIV)

This morning it was a comfort to me and a strengthening to realize that I have been raised to the heavenly realm seated with Christ.  As I imagine myself there, I realize that Christ is right beside me helping me to make decisions and calming me so that I can thoughtfully face my circumstances.  It is a very stressful time in my life right now. We are buying a new house in one state and trying to sell or rent one in another.  Thinking about moving and all that that entails has put a lot of stress on my mind, emotions and relationships.

It is good to know that as I am sitting there with him all the resources of the heavenly realm are at my instant disposal.  I don't have to run around frantically looking for the things I need.  I feel like a queen on her throne next to her king.  "Lord,  I need a little peace here.  Lord, I need some balm to soothe the nerves. Lord, I need an extra dose of patience to face the irritations." Then, instantly I have the supply I need.

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms
because we are united with Christ.

Eph 1:3 (NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment