Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You Know Where I Am


You know everything about me. 
Every moment you know where I am.
 Psalm 139:1,3 (NLT)


 Before me, even as behind,
God is —
and all is well.
– John Greenleaf Whittier -

How awesome to know that God understands exactly where we are when life's circumstances press in around us.  Often, we don't even realize what effect these circumstances have on our bodies, minds and emotions. We may have been burning the candle at both ends. Our bodies are worn out and our minds are frazzled. We are too tired even to focus on God.  He understands how we are made. He knows how much we can take. He won't give us more than we can bear and we shouldn't put more on ourselves. He hems us in behind and before. He is our shepherd.  We are the sheep under his care.

God knows where I am in this moment: tired from the long days of constant cleaning and packing to get our house in Oakland ready for sale; feeling uncomfortable because the house is "staged" and a prospective buyer may show up at any moment; confused by the uncertainty regarding the purchase of the house in Arizona.  He understands what effect all of this has had on me physically, mentally and emotionally.

You know where I am right now, Lord, and you know what I need, so I turn and look to you as my Great Shepherd.  Help me to hear your voice and follow your directions each moment, trusting in your shelter and surrounding care. Don’t let me put more on myself than I can reasonably bear.

Take a moment right now to turn to him.  He knows where you are and understands what you need.


Come, let us worship and bow down.
Let us kneel before the Lord our maker,
 for he is our God.

We are the people he watches over, 
the flock under his care.
Psalm 95:6,7 (NLT)

 


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment