Thursday, January 2, 2014

Prescription for a Happy New Year


A good way to start the new year and every new day:

1. Present yourself to God each morning. Give him your day. 

 "Here I am Lord.  Fill me with your love and peace today."  


Present your bodies a sacrifice--living, sanctified,
 acceptable to God--your intelligent service. Romans 12:1 (YLT) 


2.  Ask for his guidance in everything that will come your way today. 

"Lord, what ever happens today give me wisdom and guidance to do and say the right thing." 

 He guides the humble in what is right and 
teaches them his way. 
Ps 25.9 (NIV)


3.  Tell God everything you are concerned about even the small things.  


I pour out my complaints before him 
and tell him all my troubles. 
Psalm 142.2 (NIV)


4.  Leave all your concerns with him.  Trust. 

" Lord, I trust that you will take care of everything that I am concerned about today. " 


Give all your worries and cares to God,
for he cares about you. 
1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)


5.  Ask for strength and courage to follow and obey him in everything today.  

 And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus. 
Hebrews 12:1-2 (NLT) 



6.  Yield quickly when you sense rebellion, anxiety or self will rising in you. 

"Lord,  I quietly submit my spirit again to your will.  Don't let me be overtaken by my own emotions or desires that are not pleasing to you."   


 When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn.
Wherever I go, my enemies have set traps for me.
 Psalm 142:3 (NLT)


7.  Be thankful and accept what ever comes your way today as from the hand of God. 

"Thank you Lord that you are using everything I face today to teach and train me and to change me to be more like you."   


Be thankful in all circumstances, 
for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 
1 Thess. 5:18 (NLT) 


8.  Allow God's peace to rule in every circumstance. 


His peace will guard your hearts and minds
 as you live in Christ Jesus.  
Philippians 4:7 (NLT) 


9.  Rest in him.  

"Lord,  I rest from my own labors and strivings as I trust in you today."


 Let my soul be at rest again, 
for the LORD has been good to me. 
 Psalm 116:7

10.  Rejoice.

"Lord, thank you for the joy you give.  I choose to rejoice and be happy in every situation that I face today .  


 Always be full of joy in the Lord. 
I say it again—rejoice! 
Phil. 4:4 (NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment