Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bunnies


Bunnies make me smile.  As we finish up our golf membership here in Arizona, playing early each morning (the sun gets up early in Arizona), I get to watch the bunnies grazing and scurrying across the grass, their white cotton tails bobbing up and down.  They always make me smile.  I call to them like they were my pets, but they don't recognize my voice so they run away in fear.  Doesn't that bunny know that I just want to be friends?! 

When God calls out to us he is hoping we will run toward him and not away from him in fear.  He just wants us to come close to him.  When we don't respond or we run the other way we are disappointing him and shortchanging ourselves.  God has so much to offer us in terms of support, comfort and love.  He is saddened when we go the other way depriving ourselves of the companionship he offers.

Lord, tune our ears to hear your voice so that we joyfully run towards you.  When we hear you call may we respond and follow.

My sheep listen to my voice; 
I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:27 (NLT)

The sheep recognize his voice and come to him.
He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
After he has gathered his own flock,
he walks ahead of them,
and they follow him because they know his voice.
They won’t follow a stranger;
they will run from him because they don’t know his voice.
John 10:3-5 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment