Friday, May 27, 2011

White as Snow

Bryce Canyon, Utah


Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:7(NLT)

There is nothing like the happy state of realizing I am no longer being scrutinized and judged for all my failures, weaknesses and sins but that I have been completely forgiven and all my sins are covered.  This is the happy state of those who have received the free gift of righteousness that God has offered to all who believe in him.

There is nothing worse than walking around with a heavy feeling of guilt on our shoulders.  (David describes this feeling in Psalm 32.) God has a remedy for us.  He simply asks us to come and talk with him about our failures and to gratefully receive the forgiveness he offers. We sometimes complicate the matter by trying harder, thinking there is something we can do to atone for our sins. It is not pleasing to our Father who provides us with such freedom when we continue to bear the burden and punish ourselves.

The transaction is complete. God has declared us not guilty and credited his righteousness to our account.  We must take God at his word because he does not lie.  This was not a cheap transaction a "sweeping it under the rug" sort of thing.  It happened at a great cost.  Jesus took all of our debt, paid the price in full and now lets us go free.  What an amazing God we have. 

For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
2 Cor 5:21 (NLT)

But if we confess our sins to him,
he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins 
and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

1 John 1:9 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment