Monday, March 7, 2011

Lighter Than Air

It is intriguing to watch the hot air balloons rising up over the desert as we look out from our apartment.  It makes me wonder what it would be like calmly floating up above the earth being carried by the breezes. 

I think, "That's the way I'd like my life to be."  Floating serenely above the landscape of my life I'd see my problems and concerns from a different  perspective. Down here at ground level things look so big, but from the vantage point of that hot air balloon floating through the vast sky the things on earth would seem quite small.  

As we cast our cares upon the Lord our spirits are lightened so that we can rise above our difficulties. When we magnify the Lord our earthly problems are minimized and we will find ourselves sailing along enjoying the view and the fresh, cool breezes.  The vastness of the heavens and the unseen supply keeps us rising enabling us to face our difficulties with new strength.

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Matt 11:28-30 (NLT)

Listen to Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO4uIyz_d90

No comments:

Post a Comment