Monday, February 6, 2012

Renewed


Have you never heard? Have you never understood? 
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. 
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. 
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31 (NLT)

When I feel weak, tired or discouraged, I love to read these words from Isaiah 40.  I realize that my feelings are cyclical and that I will be renewed again as I wait upon God in hope and trust.  What a great promise!  Those who put their hope in the Lord will again be lifted up to soar as eagles.  God will not fail to lift me again to the heights.  But not only that, he will give me new strength to run the race ahead of me and to accomplish my daily duties without fainting.  When he renews me again, I will soar above my circumstances in great joy.  He will give me strength to run and work hard toward the goals he has given me and he will give me endurance to accomplish all the tasks of the day. 

Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
Psalms 62:8 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment