Monday, February 13, 2012

Pity

My Child by David Bowman


As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.Psalm 103.13 (NLT)

It is hard for us to conceive the depth of love and compassion God feels for us in our condition of weakness.  He came to set us free from our sins and the consequences of them and yet we continue to suffer from our weakness and failures in so many ways.  God, instead of condemning us, is touched by the feelings of our infirmities, our weaknesses, our frailty and the resulting suffering and has great pity and compassion for us.  I am overwhelmed by the sense of his concern and care.  He actually feels sorry for me and enters into my suffering.  He longs for me to receive his strength that I might begin to grow and overcome those things that hold me bound.  

This brought to mind a phrase from the old hymn At the Cross - "Amazing pity! Grace unknown! And love beyond degree!"  The depth of God's pity and his deep concern for us is expressed in the ultimate sacrifice of his death on the cross.  We are in need of his pity, compassion, grace and love. May we receive it today.


Thank you for the great compassion, pity and mercy I feel coming from your heart.  Oh Lord, may I experience your strength in my weakness.  May I overcome by your spirit working in me. 
 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses... So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
Heb 4:15-16 (NLT)


Listen to At the Cross:
http://youtu.be/NcqtZyv5flE

Art of David Bowman
http://www.bowman-art.com/indexFineart.htm
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment