Sunday, November 20, 2011

Turn


And when I wake up, you are still with me!
Psalms 139:18 (NLT)

So the Lord must wait for you to come to him
 so he can show you his love and compassion.
  Isaiah 30:18 (NLT)

When I wake in the morning, I look, and there I see God waiting for me.  As I turn to him he responds with his loving attention.  He longs to bless me today, so he waits for me to awaken my eye to see and my ear to hear encouragement for the day ahead. 

As the day heats up, I turn toward him.  As noise and confusion swirl around, I take a moment to turn and find him waiting with his gracious gifts of peace and quietness in the midst of chaos. So, he grants strength to deal patiently with everything.

In the evening, when I am overcome with drowsiness, I turn in thankfulness for he has faithfully kept me through the day and I rest secure that he will again be waiting for me when the day dawns anew. 


It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning,
 your faithfulness in the evening,
Psalms 92:2 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment