Monday, November 28, 2011

Dwelling Place

St. Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna


One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.
Psalms 27:4-5 (NIV)

God’s house is a glorious place, shining with transcendent beauty, full of perfect peace and joy. As we dwell there, experiencing the pleasures of his presence, our soul finds fulfillment and satisfaction.  As we gaze upon his beauty all the blessings of his house surround and fill us up.  We were made for this house. 

From this our home base, our shelter, our place of security we are strengthened to face the frustrations and difficulties of life.  From this place, the problems we face here below seem small and insignificant, light and temporary.  The beauty of his house and his presence far outweighs any trial we may face.  We are concealed in his home when trouble comes.  We are hidden and yet we are present.  It is not an escape from reality, but a living in the glorious reality of God’s presence.   

You will show me the path of life;
in Your presence is fullness of joy,
at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.
Psalms 16:11 (AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment