Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rest

It seems contradictory, but we actually make progress by resting.  A lot more can be accomplished from a place of rest than from a place of nervous activity.  Tension inhibits action.  I am learning that this is especially true in golf.  When my body and muscles are tense my shot goes astray, but when I relax and swing rhythmically and smoothly I have a chance of hitting a decent shot.

All of our labors, our strivings and struggles, analyzing and judging, all of the drudgery of daily repetitious work can be turned to peace and joy as we rest in him.  When we cease trying to accomplish things in our own strength we gain a new strength.  The Father says "Rest." 

For the one who enters God's rest
has himself rested from his own works.
Heb 4:10 (ISV))

Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved.
In quietness and confidence is your strength.
Isaiah 30:15 (NLT)

Then Jesus said,
“Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens,
and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

Listen to: Jesus, I Am Resting
 

No comments:

Post a Comment