Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Comfort

As I write about all the joy and blessing in knowing our Father I am faced with some serious news.  Two wonderful people that I know have been given the serious diagnosis of cancer.  Both now face difficult treatments and an uncertain future.  

This world is obviously not all sweetness and light. It is filled at times with pain, sorrow and uncertainty.  Some may wonder why I write so much about Joy.  Joy has become my watchword after suffering so many years with depression and anxiety.  Finally being able to settle into the joy and peace of God’s realm is so wonderful for me.  I, of course, still have down times, but realize that they are nothing compared to what those facing serious illness must deal with. 

The joy, light and peace of God’s presence are all very real, but are ever stronger at times of sorrow, pain, depression and despair.  He identifies with our suffering.  His name is the God of all comfort.  

I pray for Marianne and Mitchell that they may experience the compassion and comfort of our Father as they face the days ahead.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 
 who comforts us in all our troubles
2 Cor 1:3-4 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment