Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Father and Your Father

When Jesus came he demonstrated a new way of relating to God.  He came calling God his Father and our Father.  He allowed us a glimpse into that close intimate relationship between Father and Son.  He opened the door for us to experience that same intimate relationship.


Jesus came to reveal the Father and he is full of joy when he sees his children experiencing that close relationship that he had with the Father.  As we come to understand more of the loving nature of our Father we will be drawn ever closer to him.

Turn our hearts, Lord, to know more of you so that we will be drawn into a closer and closer intimate relationship. 

Jesus said, Go to my brothers and tell them,
'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
John 20:17 (NIV)

I have revealed you to them, and I will continue to do so. Then your love for me will be in them, and I will be in them.”
John 17:26 (NLT)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment