Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lifter of My Head


But you, O LORD, are a shield around me;
you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.
I cried out to the LORD,
and he answered me from his holy mountain.
I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety,
 for the LORD was watching over me.
  Ps. 3:3-5

In every difficult circumstance of life when doubts and fears threaten to overtake us, God has promised to be our protector.  He has promised to be a shield around us to keep the discouragement of the enemy from penetrating our mind and emotions. When life weighs us down, and we feel our shoulders slumping, he gently lifts our head so that we can look up and see hope for our future.

When we are faced with difficulties and troubles, let us not hesitate to cry out to our God.  When David cried out, God heard and answered.  There, in the midst of the ongoing threat from his enemies, he was able to lay down and sleep in peace because he knew God was watching over him and working behind the scenes.

Lord, thank you for hearing my cry.  You are a shield around me.  Set me free from my fear and anxiety, lift my head and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Lord, when doubts fill my mind,
when my heart is in turmoil,
quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer.
Ps. 94:19



No comments:

Post a Comment