Saturday, November 28, 2015

Raised To New Life

Mt. Ngauruhoe, (Mt. Doom), NZ

But God is so rich in mercy,
 and he loved us so much, 
that even though we were dead because of our sins,
 he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. 
Eph. 2:4,5 (NLT)

To grasp the glorious truth that we have been raised to new life in Christ is the most freeing and empowering thing. 

I've spent so much time trying to crucify my old sinful nature, to change my behavior, but the trying never got me anywhere. But focusing on the truth that I have already been raised to new life has made all the difference.  Now, I'm not concentrating on dying but on living! - and that life is the life of Christ in me.

Lord, thank you for giving us new life through the power of your death and resurrection. May we walk in the joy and freedom of that new life today.

My old self has been crucified with Christ.
 It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.
 Gal. 2:20 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment