Friday, October 17, 2014

Peace



I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart.
And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.
So don't be troubled or afraid.
John 14:27 (NLT)
  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.Phil 4:6-7 (NLT)

The peace of God is a priceless gift. 

If I jump out of bed in the morning and charge into my day without contacting the giver of peace I can be confronted with an onslaught of the days worries and cares.  I look at my circumstances. They may be perplexing and difficult creating confusion and fear.  Sometimes things don't make sense. That's when I realize the world doesn't have much peace to offer me. 

But, if the first thing I do in the morning is line my spirit up with the Prince of Peace and put everything that will come my way into his hands, I can go through the day in peace.  The presence of his peace is my guard.  If my peace is disturbed, I can stop and listen.  Perhaps I need to change my course, set a boundary or release my anxiety.  
 
O Lord, thank you for the promise and gift of your peace.  May we partake of that gift today.  When this world tries to disturb our peace guard our hearts and give us wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment