Monday, February 3, 2014

More Than Conquerors




 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors
through him who loved us.
Romans 8:37 (NIV)


So many troubles and problems assault us in this life.  It is so hard for us to go through difficult times, our emotions are so intense.  Fearful feelings, anxiety and worry overwhelm us.

When we are in this state, it is hard for us to imagine ourselves as conquerors, victorious over every thing that life throws at us. It is hard for us to see how our failings and weaknesses could be woven together for good. 

Paul recounts his own struggle: 

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 
But he said to me, 
"My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. 
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 
 2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (NIV) 
We can only hold onto God's promise with what little strength we have. God is faithful. He is holding on to us with a firm grip even when it feels like our grip is failing. For,  "It is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."(Heb. 6:18,19) 

He will bring us through. No trouble, hardship or problem can ever separate us from God.  Hold on!



No comments:

Post a Comment