Thursday, April 19, 2012

Glory

Sunrise over Four Peaks - Cave Creek, AZ
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."
Isaiah 6:3 (NIV)

Glory is the word used to describe God in all his transcendent beauty, majesty and holiness.  His glory fills all the earth and the heavens.  We see his glory all around us in the creation.  We experience his glory as we walk in his presence.   We are transformed by his glory.

When we look at our mundane lives we wonder “Where’s the glory?  What could it possibly mean that I am being transformed into his image?”  Yet, as I allow my mind to expand to encompass thoughts of his glory, I find amazing things happening in me.  First is worship.  As I contemplate his glory all around me, a sense of worship rises inside of me opening my heart to his transforming power. Then, even though I may face troubles of all kinds, as I acknowledge his glorious presence, I have a sense of peace and joy continually renewing my inner being.

God's desire for us is nothing less than that we should see and share his glory.  He has high hopes for us.  As we see and reflect his glory, he works in us to change and transform us into his very image – the image of Christ who is the exact representation of God’s glory.


Therefore we do not lose heart. 
Though outwardly we are wasting away,
 yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 
  For our light and momentary troubles
 are achieving for us an eternal glory 
that far outweighs them all. 
  2 Cor 4:16-17 (NIV)

And we all, with unveiled faces
 reflecting the glory of the Lord, 
are being transformed into the same image
 from one degree of glory to another.
2 Cor 3:18 (NET)

No comments:

Post a Comment