Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Snow

Snow in Tonto Hills, Arizona

 “The rain and snow come down from the heavensand stay on the ground to water the earth.They cause the grain to grow,producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word.I send it out, and it always produces fruit.It will accomplish all I want it to,and it will prosper everywhere I send it."
Isaiah 55:10-11 (NLT)

God's ways are so much greater than ours; his plans so much higher.  He has things in mind for us that we can't even imagine.  He can bring good to every situation, no matter how evil.

Our pronouncements of what should happen or what should be done have little power and often have a negative effect bringing the opposite result of what we wanted.  But, God's word goes forth with great power and accomplishes exactly what he sends it forth to do.

Lord, expand our minds and our vision to see what is possible because we put you in charge.  As we make you Lord of every situation you bring new, creative and powerful ideas for solving every problem.  Let us wait on you and your word.  Give us words to speak that will accomplish your good purposes.

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9 (NLT)

Our snowy backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment