Friday, August 12, 2011

Weakness

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matt 5:3 (NIV)

God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
Matt 5:3 (NLT)

Recognizing our weakness is a blessing.  It opens the door to all the resources of God's kingdom.  As long as we rely on our own strength we are cut off from God's.  The Apostle Paul found this secret.  A man of breeding, accomplishment, education (Phil 2:4-6) and amazing visions (2 Cor 12:1-4), he realized that he could not boast about any of these things and concluded: "I am going to boast only about my weaknesses." (2 Cor 12:5).  He took pleasure in his weaknesses because they opened the door for God's strength.

Instead of putting ourselves down when we struggle and fail we should rejoice because we know that God will come in to supply the strength we need at that moment.  As soon as I acknowledge my weakness, I feel his strength.

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Cor 12:9-10 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment