Friday, April 1, 2011

Plans


 Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow.
They don’t work or make their clothing
 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 
And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers
that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow,
he will certainly care for you.
Matt 6:28-30 (NLT)

God knows the plans he has for us. In times of transition, when my future is uncertain, my mind begins to spin round and round trying to figure things out. Where do we want to live? What life style do we want?  Do we want to be traveling nomads with a small home base somewhere or settled in a large home?  By spinning and worrying I accomplish nothing. 

Jesus told us to consider carefully how the beautiful wildflowers grow.  They don't toil, spin or worry and yet magically appear each spring producing a beautiful display.  Since God cares so wonderfully for flowers, we can trust that he will care for us. 

As I acknowledge him in all of my plans, simply mentioning them to him, I know he will direct my steps into the good plans he has for me.  I can be released from the toiling and spinning.  I can go on in peace, my mind at rest, trusting him.  What a comfort to know he has the future in his hands. 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
  in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

Don’t worry about anything;
instead, pray about everything.

Tell God what you need,
and thank him for all he has done.
Then you will experience God’s peace,
which exceeds anything we can understand.
His peace will guard your hearts and minds
as you live in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment